The Seyan Umbul Privacy Statement
Effective Date: As of 21st July, 2011
This policy explains how Seyan Umbul may collect, use and aggregate personal information about you on www.seyanumbul.com. Seyan Umbul respects your personal privacy and is committed to protecting it.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
For each visitor to the www.seyanumbul.com website, Seyan Umbul's servers automatically collect information about which pages are visited and the IP address or domain name of visitors. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web Site. Your IP address is not linked to personally identifiable information but is used to gather broad demographic information. This information helps us tailor and improve your experience on the Web Site.
Information we collect
- General: Portions of Seyan Umbul require visitors to provide personally identifiable information that may include your name, age, address, e-mail address and other information provided by the members. We do not, however, knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
- Website usage: We automatically collect IP addresses and web site usage information from you when you visit our site. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors use and navigate our web sites on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors to each web page, the length of their visits, their browser type and their operating systems.
How we use information that is collected
Seyan Umbul may use information collected from visitors in the following ways:
- To improve existing features or develop new features, products and services by analyzing how site features are being used.
- To award prizes in contests or promotions. Participation in some contests or promotions may require visitors to agree to be contacted by Seyan Umbul.
- To provide advertisers or other third parties with aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns. Personally identifiable information is kept private and not distributed to third parties.
- To send e-mail notifications about new or existing products and services, special offers or to otherwise contact you. These contacts are on an opt-in basis only, based on the preferences you have specified with Seyan Umbul.
Seyan Umbul requires voluntary registration in order to utilize specific features. These forms require you to give us personally identifiable information, which may include contact information (like your name and e-mail address) and unique identifiers. If you so signify beforehand, we may use your contact information from the registration form to send you information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. Unique identifiers are collected only for use as account numbers in our record system. We do not disclose any unique identifiers to any third parties.
The information collected from these registration forms is used to improve existing features or develop new features, products and services by analyzing how site features are being used. Such information may be shared with third parties on an aggregate basis.
Members Profile Data
We also may collect profile data from you as part of the registration process (i.e., your Birthday, gender, interest in certain topics). We may use this data to tailor your experience at our site, showing you content we think you might be interested in, displaying the content according to your preferences and informing you of upcoming events on our site. We also share certain demographic and profile data with advertisers and business partners on an aggregated basis.
Seyan Umbul will disclose account information only in special cases, such as (i) to comply with valid legal requirements, such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (ii) when Seyan Umbul has reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who, intentionally or unintentionally, may be causing injury or harm to Seyan Umbul users or other persons or violating the Terms of Service of this site.
We display advertisements on our Web Site. These ads may contain cookies. We do not have access to this information, nor do we control its use. Seyan Umbul does not provide any personally identifiable data regarding users to our advertisers.
This site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
Your role in protecting your privacy
If you share a computer terminal with others, you may want to consider establishing an anonymous e-mail account. In this way, e-mails that you receive from Seyan Umbul, such as password reminders, will be seen only by you.
Notification of changes
Correcting and updating information
Seyan Umbul also permits you to correct or update personally identifiable information that you have previously provided to us. To do so, submit the changes directly through the site feature in question or send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the information that you wish to be corrected or updated.